The Vashon Loop
Error: Feed has an error or is not valid.
- Dept. of Health launches dashboard to track overdose death data
DOH aims to help communities better understand overdose deaths, make informed prevention decisions
- Dept. of Commerce awards $35.4 million for solar power projects across the state
Projects across King County were awarded millions in collective funding.
- SeroLean Reviews – Should You Buy or Real Customer Concerns?
Statistics show that more than half of the adult population in America is overweight or obese. A struggle has caused…
- King County Library System receives grant to develop a climate action plan
The National Endowment for the Humanities gave a $133,252 grant to help develop climate initiatives.
- Gov. Jay Inslee tests positive for COVID-19
‘He is experiencing very mild symptoms, including a mild cough’ governor’s office says
- Madalitso Band, from Malawi, will bring vibrant rhythms to VCA
The band will deliver joyous harmonies next week that have had critics raving.
- Time & Again: A vanished hotspot where the good times rolled
The Cove Community Hall was used for a variety of events including dances, gatherings, and celebrations.
- Aragon: County needs leadership on safety, housing, health
We need leadership that’s willing to take a stand for what works.
Find out when School Schedules change due to weather
Direct link to the Vashon School District Emergency Information – Snow/Weather Schedule changes page can be found here. http://flashalert.net/news.html?id=4288
Stay updated on most King County Schools here: Public Schools Emergency Communication System. www.schoolreport.org
South Sound and Kitsap School information can be found here: www.pugetinfo.net/
Vashon Weather, Forecast, Pass Report & Tide Table
Puget Sound Tide Tables
3 Tide tables for Vashon
National Weather Service
Doppler Radar and Vashon forecast
Vashon Be Prepared – Voice of Vashon – Update
Whenever something happens that you need to know about, we’ll get it out there for you. Stay tuned, Stay warm, stay safe, and stay tuned to VoV Standing By at 1650 am on your AM radio dial.
Do you know what to do? What would you do if your home were damaged so bad you could not stay there? How would you cope with the power being out for seven days or longer? How would you help your neighbor? Making sure that not only you are ready but so will your pets. www.VashonBePrepared.org
- Fourth official replaced after Liverpool VAR error
Darren England is replaced as the fourth official for Sunday's match between Nottingham Forest and Brentford after his VAR error during Liverpool's defeat at Tottenham.
- Spain: Nightclub fire kills seven in Murcia
Four other people were injured in the fire in south-eastern city of Murcia, authorities say.
- Brexit: New system begins for moving goods from GB to NI
A key part of the Windsor Framework is implemented with "green and red lanes" at NI ports.
- Turkey: Two officers injured in blast outside interior ministry
The interior minister says two people in a commercial vehicle were involved, one blew himself up.
- Yury Garavsky: Swiss trial acquits man who admitted abducting Belarus politicians
A Belarusian is released despite giving a detailed account of disappearing opposition members.
- Rouen fire: Major fire breaks out in French city
A huge fire tears through two disused buildings in the French city, with flames and smoke rising high into the sky.
- US Congress avoids government shutdown in last-minute deal
President Biden signs a bill to keep the government funded for 45 days – but Ukraine aid is not included.
- Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez beats Jermell Charlo to defend super-middleweight titles
Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez defends his undisputed super-middleweight title by beating Jermell Charlo on points in Las Vegas.