The Vashon Loop
Error: Feed has an error or is not valid.
- Skilled worker shortage could derail electrification goals | Brunell
In the race to “electrify everything,” there are glitches that may derail the plan over the next 20 years. One…
- Clear communication vs. sticking your head in the oven | Whale’s Tales
As I have written before in this column, I am a word person.
- Schools, housing, salaries score big in Senate Dems $70B budget
The proposed spending plan also spends money to fight climate change, help abortion providers and study police pursuits
- Audit finds accountability issues in King County’s equity and social justices programs
Auditors say the county lacks progress tracking, clearly defined roles and accountability measures.
- New forecast show state revenues won’t be quite as robust as expected
Democratic budget writers say they will be cautious but able to fund their priorities. Senate put out a capital budget Monday.
- Frozen organic strawberries and a tropical fruit blend recalled because of Hepatitis A risk
Two people living in King County have gotten sick.
- Bob Mabray
He is sorely missed by his wife, Phyllis, his brother, Bill and sister-in-law Becky.
- Stas Kudla
He was a kind and gentle man who had a passion for natural healing.
Find out when School Schedules change due to weather
Direct link to the Vashon School District Emergency Information – Snow/Weather Schedule changes page can be found here. http://flashalert.net/news.html?id=4288
Stay updated on most King County Schools here: Public Schools Emergency Communication System. www.schoolreport.org
South Sound and Kitsap School information can be found here: www.pugetinfo.net/
Vashon Weather, Forecast, Pass Report & Tide Table
Puget Sound Tide Tables
3 Tide tables for Vashon
National Weather Service
Doppler Radar and Vashon forecast
Extended Forcast and more Current Weather Conditions on the New Weather Page
Vashon Be Prepared – Voice of Vashon – Update
Whenever something happens that you need to know about, we’ll get it out there for you. Stay tuned, Stay warm, stay safe, and stay tuned to VoV Standing By at 1650 am on your AM radio dial.
Do you know what to do? What would you do if your home were damaged so bad you could not stay there? How would you cope with the power being out for seven days or longer? How would you help your neighbor? Making sure that not only you are ready but so will your pets. www.VashonBePrepared.org
- 'Serious questions' over oil field's 200-barrel leak – council
The pipeline was shut down and specialist oil spill companies brought in after the 200-barrel leak.
- Prince Harry turns up to High Court in Associated Newspapers hearing
The Duke of Sussex has accused the publisher of the Daily Mail of unlawful information gathering.
- Millions to get next cost-of-living payment from April
From 25 April, millions of households on low incomes will get cost-of-living payments up to £900.
- Welsh language: New law to help all students speak confidently by 2050
More Welsh-medium schools and increased Welsh language provision in English-medium schools are aims.
- British Gas, Scottish Power and Ovo dominated forced meter installations
British Gas, Scottish Power and Ovo made up 70% of all forced installations last year, the government says.
- Police strip-searched children as young as eight
Some children were strip-searched in the back of police vans, schools and fast-food outlets.
- Harry Potter: Final coin issued to celebrate 25th anniversary
The coin features Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and completes the collection.
- SNP to announce Nicola Sturgeon's successor
The party will confirm their next leader later after a process that has revealed deep divisions.