The Vashon Loop
Error: Feed has an error or is not valid.
- Marking a new milestone: COVID’s three-year mark
VashonBePrepared offers advice for current risk level, news about a possible switch to once-a-year vaccination, a new hotline number for suicide prevention, and more.
- It’s time for PSE to clean up its own mess
The company is committing to only modest reductions of emissions from natural gas.
- Delores J. (Edwards) Barrentine
Delores will be remembered for her strong faith in God as well as her love of nature.
- Mark Allen Ridgeway
He loved basketball, working on cars and motorcycles, car racing, and spending time with his friends and family.
- Eye care product linked to antibiotic-resistant infections
Washington State Department of Health and CDC encourage residents to stop using EzriCare Artificial Tears.
- Gallery cruise boasts Swiftwater opening, quilts and more
Islanders can take to the streets to celebrate the opening of new art exhibits — as well as Swiftwater, an exciting new, artist-run gallery — on Friday, Feb. 3.
- At Chautauqua, third-graders aim to help island elders
It’s a year-long social activism project, chosen by 72 third-grade students in January, that has included a three-week speaker’s series.
- Open Space offers up ‘Fancifool!’ — a show all about love
This award-winning 12-character solo show features dancing, singing, mime, clown, film and edgy social commentary.
Find out when School Schedules change due to weather
Direct link to the Vashon School District Emergency Information – Snow/Weather Schedule changes page can be found here. http://flashalert.net/news.html?id=4288
Stay updated on most King County Schools here: Public Schools Emergency Communication System. www.schoolreport.org
South Sound and Kitsap School information can be found here: www.pugetinfo.net/
Vashon Weather, Forecast, Pass Report & Tide Table
Puget Sound Tide Tables
3 Tide tables for Vashon
National Weather Service
Doppler Radar and Vashon forecast
Vashon Be Prepared – Voice of Vashon – Update
Whenever something happens that you need to know about, we’ll get it out there for you. Stay tuned, Stay warm, stay safe, and stay tuned to VoV Standing By at 1650 am on your AM radio dial.
Do you know what to do? What would you do if your home were damaged so bad you could not stay there? How would you cope with the power being out for seven days or longer? How would you help your neighbor? Making sure that not only you are ready but so will your pets. www.VashonBePrepared.org
- Nicola Bulley: Missing mother's partner says she's vanished into thin air
Mother-of-two Nicola Bulley disappeared a week ago while on a riverside walk with her dog.
- Chinese spy balloon: US tracks suspected surveillance device
Officials decided against shooting it down due to the danger of falling debris from the "sizeable" device.
- Gabriel Martinelli: Arsenal forward signs new contract
Arsenal forward Gabriel Martinelli signs a new long-term contract with the club.
- Peter Foley: Former US snowboarders file lawsuit alleging sexual abuse by ex-coach
Former United States snowboarders Rosey Fletcher, Erin O'Malley and Callan Chythlook-Sifsof file a lawsuit alleging sexual abuse by ex-coach Peter Foley.
- Infected blood inquiry: Five things we have learned
An inquiry into the "worst treatment disaster in NHS history" prepares to hear its final evidence.
- Energy firms told to stop force-fitting prepayment meters
British Gas has been heavily criticised for practices around installing prepayment meters.
- Bill Gates: I’d rather save children’s lives than go to Mars
The Microsoft co-founder also believes artificial intelligence will "dramatically" transform humanity.
- Erling Haaland: Man City striker eyes Dixie Dean's 95-year-old record – can he 'walk on water'?
Erling Haaland looks certain to break Premier League scoring records – but can he challenge Dixie Dean's all-time tally?